Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Five Miles, Live Nude Girls

So, at home with a bit of a sniffle on this chilly cold day, I have a minute to update on the one-lung progress. Things are going swimmingly! We've moved up to five miles with the training group. They run scoods faster than Zomboy and I run when we shuffle together, but they also take a walking break after every five minutes so it evens out. On Saturday we all met at Sports Basement and ran along the Marina Green. All the sporting equipment everywhere gave me what I thought at first was gear lust, but was actually a bit of adventure craving. And not only was there all the cool synthetic fabric "real runner" stuff that we need, but so much else as well: Camping stove? Why, I haven't been camping since last spring. Must plan some. Surfing shorts? Oooh, we've gotta plan that trip back to Kauai to play at Tunnels Beach. Luna Bars? Mmmmm. Eating.

See, you think you want the objects, but it's really what the objects represent that we want. At least for me. I have no closets. I don't like too many things. So, I bought some nifty sunglasses because I didn't have any and they were blue and represented my protection against wrinkles and squinting on that hot running day. Then, Zomboy and I went to target to fulfill our synthetic materials needs at less heart-stopping prices. I need my heart to function if I'm going to keep running. Right?

The fundraising party on July 24th is coming along well. There will be games! There will be prizes! There will be music! And there will be pretty girls in their underwear. And if there's anything better than that, to paraphrase one Stephin Merritt, who cares?

And with that, I'm off to some hot tea and a bit of back landing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home