Saturday, June 17, 2006

Run with Burritos. Offend Mission Hipsters.

Note to Self: Always wear obscure punk rock band t-shirts when running through the Mission.

After our loop up some hills and down some others, Team Zombie Shuffle decides to stop off at one of our favorite burrito spots to undo any good our jogwalkshuffle has done us. I figure, heck, if I'm going to eat a pollo asado super burrito, I'm going to run the rest of the way home with the thing. Two Mission burritos and you've got yourself a pair of hand weights to be reckoned with, right?

Crossing the 16 block and weaving carefully, single file, and an Ipod-wearing and ear-plug wearing hipster yells out in the bitchiest voice imaginable,

"Dorks."

To which I yell, "Yep! Thanks!" 'cause it's true. We totally are. Still, in my head I'm thinking what I commonly think in this city of too-cool transformations: "Jerkface, I was living on this block when you were still back home in Iowa."

Not that there's anything wrong with Iowa. I have just prefered warm people to cool ones these past 10 years or so, and it's weird that the Mission is lately such a minefield of cool. It's also weird to see life from what looks like the soccer mom side of the tracks, simply because I don't care enough to try to look or be cool anymore. It's tiring, being cool, and I'd rather be tired from dorky exertions.

Like burritos. And running!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home