Thursday, June 15, 2006

Wow, Technology!

This is so neat:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

Now, control freaks like me can know where they're going before they get there!
Using this neat mapping tool, I worked out a fun path out of this valley and up through the city. The total mileage was 3.7-something round-trip, through neighborhoods with a lot of distraction in the form of people, architecture, parks, views, and (most importantly) dogs.

I didn't count on the hills.

Wow! It was almost all hills for several blocks, so we did end up walking more than we might have otherwise. But each walking section was a good tromp up some pretty hilly terrain and the heart rate was kept kabooming. Better still, my bum is going to be mighty shapely after a couple weeks of this path.

I'm "running" but I'm far from being a skilled, comfortable runner just yet. A fitter runner would have had no trouble with this route. But it kicked my former smoker's self in the lungs.

And it was good.

We came home and relaxed with a grilled dinner on the landing and a lovely cool Anguilla Killa. My friends, it's the cocktail to end all cocktails. Fairbs the mad-mixologist threw it together last night. Sweet rum and citrus, chock full of hardcore boozyfloozy goodness.

Hello, happy summertime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home